1.07.2011

Saturday

I shouldn't have let myself get behind again, because now I can't actually remember Saturday during the day. I think that we slept in, and putzed around the house for most of the day. And then in the evening, Stephen, Sophie, Felix, and I drove down to Subiaco to meet our friends Steve and Kerri for a farewell dinner. *sniff*

We ate our weight in pizza, then walked over to Baskin Robbins and ate some more. I'm almost positive that we ate ice cream at least once a day the entire time we were in Perth. Mission accomplished, O'Reillys.

Saying goodbye is never fun, and this time was no exception. It does help to know that Steve and Kerri are planning a U.S. trip for late this year, so it won't be too long before we see them again. Sophie got pretty teary, as was expected, but Felix was a stoic little guy. Once in the car he announced that he didn't want to embarrass anyone by crying in public. Way to show some empathy, son.

No photos from the night because I'm an idiot and forgot to put my SD card back in my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment